The Good Samaritan Ministry of St. Patrick Church (AKA The Good Sams) is a self-funding umbrella ministry under which activities are carried out that, in larger parishes, would be done by several separate ministries. The Good Sams are involved in activities such as:
- Services to the parish (such as making Baptismal Robes, supplying the parish kitchen, fund raisers, etc.)
- Outreach to Parishioners (including elder/ shut-in care, Doughnut Sunday, First Thursday Celebrations, etc.)
- Outreach to the greater community (including Assisted Living Home activities, Food baskets at Christmas and as needed, Charitable Drives, etc.)
- Spiritual Life Activities (AKA Prayer Warriors) (such as Prayer Line, rosary before 9:30 Mass, Madonna Guild (makes and promotes use of rosaries), etc.)
- Services to the parishioners (such as funeral dinners, special celebration dinners, etc.)
The Good Sams choose the area or areas of activities in which they wish to volunteer. The general coordinator is Jacquie Foote (440-636-5510). Basically with the Activities Coordinators and the approval of the Administrator, she plans the work of the Ministry.We are a working group, not a meeting group. We maintain communication by phone calls, e-mails, occasional newsletters and yes, through working meetings. We report to the parish council once a year, in June. At that time, each Good Sam is sent a copy. We have a Ministry social meeting once a year as possible.It is possible to become a Good Sam any time, Just contact Jacquie to receive a “Commitment Sheet” on which you will indicate what activities you have an interest.